01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Smoky Ranch Deviled Eggs


 
 
Since the boys wanted to dye tons of eggs for Easter this year, I had quite a few hard boiled eggs leftover in my fridge.  I decided to make deviled eggs for the first time in my life.  They aren't exactly my favorite, so I knew I wanted to add a little more kick to them.  Of course I didn't have any mayo on hand, so I got creative and threw this recipe together.  I ended up loving them and have made them several times since.  Try this easy recipe next time you need a quick, high protein snack! 

 
INGREDIENTS~ 
1 dozen hard boiled eggs
2/3 cup whipped cream cheese (softened)
1 Tbsp Party Ranch dry seasoning mix
1 Tbsp creamy Dijon mustard
1/4 - 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
pinch of cayenne pepper
minced flat-leaf parsley (optional)
 
1.  Remove the shells from the eggs and rinse clean.  Slice in half, and scoop the yolks into a bowl. 
 
2.  Mash the yolks with a fork, and add the rest of the ingredients.  (You may need to microwave the cream cheese separately first until it's soft enough to mix.)  Start with 1/4 tsp of the liquid smoke, taste, and add more until you reach the desired smoky taste. 
3.  Spoon mixture back into eggs.  Sprinkle with dried parsley, if desired.  Refrigerate for up to 3 days. 


3 comments: