01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Summer Beauty Must-Haves!

 

Summer is right around the corner, what a great excuse to update your beauty products!  Here are some of my recent favorites:

 
1.  Pedi Perfect Electronic Pedicure Foot File by Amope
I am such a slacker when it comes to getting pedicures.  If I'm going to take the time away from my boys for pampering, I'd rather get a massage.  Plus the whole nail file straight across my toes thing is kind of like nails on a chalkboard to me.  But pumice stones at home don't really work that well, and take way too much time.  So I was excited to find this product - because I still need silky smooth feet for sandal season.  This is so easy to use and gives you pedicure soft feet in under 5 minutes - no trip to the salon required.  Just turn it on and lightly hold it over the rough parts of your feet - the heel and sides of toes.  All of the dead skin is instantly removed, and gone are the days where you can count the time with a pumice stone as an arm workout!


2.  Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow-
This volumizing fiber brow gel lets you darken, shape, and add volume to your brows, all in one swipe.  Unlike other brow gels, this adds fiber lashes for a full effect.  It has made such a difference on my face that I feel naked without it now.  Plus it lasts all day. 

 
 
I love, love, love this stuff.  I don't even remember where I first heard about Tammy's products, but I finally got around to checking them out.  Thank goodness.  I first went looking for her famous epi-peel, which is said to immediately give you a youthful glow.  (It does!)  I found this travel kit that contained the epi-peel, but also 5 additional products, so I thought I would give them all a try. 
First of all, the creams are all natural, made from botanicals, and smell like heaven.  Or a spa in heaven.  Secondly, the kit is described as " two-week supply of holistic skincare products for the ultimate jetsetter."  I have found it to last much longer than 2 weeks.  The creams and serums are so rich, (perfect for dry airplane and hotel air!)  so a little goes a long way.   And finally, this makes it so easy to take your skin care products with you when you travel, I will never be without it on trips.  I highly recommend each product in the kit, but if you want to start with one to try out, go with the epi-peel!
This kit contains:
 
  • Cleansing Milk. Key Ingredients: Organic Lavender, Fo-Ti
  • Bulgarian Rose Water. Key Ingredients: Bulgarian Rose essence.
  • Quintessential Serum. Key Ingredients: Rosemary, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Avocado, Frankincense, Bulgarian Rose Oil.
  • Intensive Repair Balm. Key Ingredients: Chamomile, Helichysum.
  • Epi-Peel. Key Ingredients: Rosemary and Bulgarian Lavender Body Oil Key Ingredients: Rose Hip Seed Oil, Bulgarian Lavender.


  •  
    4.  Kardashian Beauty Pure Glitz Hairspray-
    Kardashians.  I know.  But they had me at glitz.  And black seed oil.  And shine enhancing sparkles.  Don't be afraid to try this because of the word sparkles, it's more like a healthy sheen.  Not only is this a really great hairspray - tons of hold and no stickiness - but it lets your hair shine without weighing it down like shine sprays can.  It's my new favorite, and one of the things I have realized is that even though I need hairspray for the hold, it seems to dull my hair, especially aerosol.  And spritzing on a shine spray seems to relax the hold and makes the curls fall out.  This is the perfect solution.  Great hold with a touch of shine. 

     
    There's nothing more annoying to me than eyeliner that melts into dark little circles under my eyes.  Well, probably some things, but it's pretty annoying.  And since I've been into a winged eyeliner look lately, these fit the bill.  They dry instantly, and then stay put all day, even while swimming.  They both have a tip like a felt tip marker, making them crazy easy to draw a straight line.  Plus they are super pigmented for a bold, black color.  I like to line my eyes first, really close to the lash line to fill in my eyelashes, then apply eye shadow, and finally draw a thick line that extends like a cat-eye to finish it off.  I love both of these equally, and can't pick a favorite. 
     
     
    6.  Nude Lips-
    I love a good pastel, shimmery nude lip for spring.  What I don't like is to look like I have no lipstick on at all.  Washed out colorless shades do nothing for me.  These are my 3 favorite nude enhancing lip glosses.  They're all great on their own, but even better over a little natural colored lip liner.  My favorite is Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Cocoa.  Here are the 3 glosses:
     
    Lancome La Leque Fever in Iridescent - I love this one for it's bronzed shimmer color, you can wear this on your lips and not need much else - perfect for summer. 
    Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight - this one is a milky pink color that is super pigmented, which is really hard to find in such a light color
    LipSense by SeneGence Gloss in Silver Glitter - I hate to pick favorites, but this one might be it.  I was skeptical at first since the color name contains the word glitter, but the only thing you see on your lips is a perfect wet shine.  I love to switch it up and see how this gloss transforms all of my lipsticks.
     
    From top: Iridescent, Turkish Delight, Silver Glitter
     
     7.  Katie B. Photo Perfect Selfie Foundation-
    I have never really understood "sheer, lightweight foundations."  I mean, what's the point?  If I'm going to have a layer of make-up on my face, I want the "make me look like I have new skin formulation."  Which is what this foundation does.  I discovered the make-up line on Instagram, and realized that I could not only order a sample of it from their website, but if you send a picture to Katie B., she emails you back and tells you which shade to buy!  The sample arrived and was the perfect color match, and I loved the flawless skin result.  Also, it's buildable for even more coverage.  It's the best foundation I have ever used.



      
     
     
     




    2 comments:

    1. (Shurangama Sutra and Mantra)(Kṣitigarbha)(Avalokiteśvara) (Amita Buddhaya)(Bhaiṣajyaguru)
      The Twelve Vows of the Medicine Buddha upon attaining Enlightenment, according to the Medicine Buddha Sutra are:
      To illuminate countless realms with his radiance, enabling anyone to become a Buddha just like him.
      To awaken the minds of sentient beings through his light of lapis lazuli.
      To provide the sentient beings with whatever material needs they require.
      To correct heretical views and inspire beings toward the path of the Bodhisattva.
      To help beings follow the Moral Precepts, even if they failed before.
      To heal beings born with deformities, illness or other physical sufferings.
      To help relieve the destitute and the sick.
      To help women who wish to be reborn as men achieve their desired rebirth.
      To help heal mental afflictions and delusions.
      To help the oppressed be free from suffering.
      To relieve those who suffer from terrible hunger and thirst.
      To help clothe those who are destitute and suffering from cold and mosquitoes.

      ReplyDelete
    2. In summers, you really need something fresh, soothing and calming. These are good products to use for beuatycare during the summer season.

      ReplyDelete