01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Monday, February 23, 2015

Sunshine Smoothie

This week has finally felt like winter here in Colorado.  We just spent the entire weekend indoors, really the first time that we've had to do that all year.  The rest of the country has been dealing with frigid temps and snow as well, and I know most people are ready for spring weather. 

Although I would rather be on some island somewhere right now, I don't really have the winter blahs.... but if I did, this is what I would drink.  Like a burst of sunshine to break you (and your eating habits) out of a winter funk, this green smoothie is loaded with bright, tangy flavors and tons of nutrients.  What a perfect start to your day!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 2/3 cup cucumber
  • 1 celery stalk
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 1 orange
  • 2/3 cup cabbage
  • 1 banana
*optional - handful of ice

Place the orange, grapefruit, and cucumber in a high powered blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients.  Blend until smooth.  Store any leftover smoothie in a tightly sealed jar for up to 36 hours. 




 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am not a huge fan of smoothies but since these days I am on diet to have to take them. Will be trying this one as well, hope it will be good in taste

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good and delicious, also it is easy to make. Good thing is you shared recipe with us and I will definitely going to make it and try this out. Thanks for sharing the post

    ReplyDelete