01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Monday, February 9, 2015

My Favorite Workout for Spring


I try really hard not to slack off on my workouts during the winter, it just happens.  Starting around Halloween, my to-do list gets out of control, as it does for most people.  There are just not enough hours in the day.  It even seems too busy after the holidays, as January is my month to organize the house and closets, and catch up on ordering pictures from the year. 

Now that the weather is nice, I'm feeling a bit more motivated to get at it again.  I wanted to share with you my favorite workouts for easing back in to a fitness routine - the Tone It Up DVDs.  I alternate them with twice weekly runs. 

Back in November, my cardiologist shook my world upside down when he informed me that I should no longer be lifting heavy weights.  Sounds a little dramatic, but I was seriously devastated for days!  But I got over it, and realized I will do whatever it takes to keep my heart healthy, (I was born with a valve deformity) and find a new way to work out.  So I gave my husband my beloved P90X box set, and started looking for an easier toning method. 

What surprised me the most was how much I loved these workouts.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a heavy lifting fan, but there's something almost relaxing about their workouts, which is nice when the only available time that you have to work out with 3 kids is naptime - I'm always torn about using that time to relax and do something for myself, or work out.  This accomplishes both, these routines are great for relieving stress.



They are also the perfect way to gently get back into shape after a long winter.  Filmed at the beach in Hawaii, with gentle toning movements and quick routines, they almost feel like a vacation instead of a workout, but I still feel it the next day!  Give them a try - here's where to order:

http://www.shoptoneitup.com/collections/dvds


No comments:

Post a Comment