01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough Balls



Somehow I had the brilliant idea to go on a candida cleanse during the month of December.  The diet that basically means no dairy, sugar, gluten, starchy vegetables, rice, pasta.....and absolutely no fruit.  (More on that later)  I gave it my all, but holiday temptations are everywhere!  So I'm giving myself a week off before going back on it.  I'm going to TRY to stick to as clean of a diet as I can, so come January 1st it will be that much easier to switch back to Candida cleanse mode. 
I am spending the day packing up for a trip to my parents to celebrate Christmas, and also preparing healthy snacks for our road trip.  These chocolate peppermint cookie dough balls satisfy my craving for unhealthy holiday cookies, and I don't have to feel like I'm missing out.  Make a double batch and freeze them!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups walnuts
  • 1/4 cup tahini
  • 2 Tbsp almond butter
  • 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
  • 3 drops peppermint essential oil (or use 1/2-1 tsp peppermint extract, depending on how strong you want the peppermint flavor to be)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp honey (or coconut nectar if you are vegan)
  • 1 packet stevia
Combine all ingredients in a food processor.  Scoop out 1 tablespoon at a time, and roll into balls.  Store in a covered container in the fridge, or freeze. 




2 comments: