01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Sunday, September 28, 2014

GREEN GOBLIN




Today the sun was finally covered up by clouds, and it looks like we're in for a rainy, cool, autumn evening.  Don't get me wrong, I love beautiful fall days, but I'm looking forward to a relaxing and cozy night to snuggle on the couch with my babies. 


Tonight we'll be making the final decision on Halloween costumes and ordering them - a process that has resulted in about 15 different costumes for each kid, depending on the day!  Now that my older two boys are growing up, I am not allowed in this intense decision making process.  These days they are wanting to be transformers and zombies which makes me thankful for the years I had free reign over the costumes.  That's part of the fun of being a Mom!  My husband and I had so much fun making these spooky old tree costumes that they wore 2 years ago:


Oh well, at least my baby doesn't have an opinion yet!  All of the Halloween decorations are out, and as I was sorting through the bins of d├ęcor I came across these fun spooky eyeballs.  Of course I instantly thought to decorate their morning smoothies with them.  What a fun way to celebrate the season with their breakfast.  Crisp and sour green apples taste like fall to me, and were the perfect base for this green smoothie.
 

INGREDIENTS~

  • 2 green apples
  • 1 cup green grapes
  • 1/2 lime, peeled
  • 1 celery stalk
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1/2 cup water
1.  Remove the seeds and core from the apples, and place in the blender.  Next add the grapes and lime, then the vegetables, followed by the water.  Blend until smooth.  Makes 25 ounces. 

*Store in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for up to 48 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment