01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Salad Wraps

Oh summer.  It seems I'm forever needing to pack lunches on the go.  My kids would be perfectly happy if I told them I lost the keys to the house and we had to live in the backyard from now on.  As long as they had a way to charge their ipad, that is.  Between picnics at the park and hanging out at the pool all afternoon, I need to constantly have my little cooler packed with food to keep them energized. 


Although my middle child loves salad and even occasionally requests it as a bedtime  snack (how is he my child?!) my oldest hates salad and won't touch it in a bowl, but for some reason he loves these.  What I love about them is that they are super healthy and portable.  It sure breaks up the PB&J routine.  I just roll them up in tin foil and go.  My six year old loves to make is own now...bonus!

Ingredients~
  • gluten free tortillas
  • hummus
  • bagged salad greens
  • shredded carrots
Directions:

1.  Lay the tortilla on a plate and spread with 1-2 tablespoons of hummus right down the middle.  Shred about 1/2 cup of the salad green with your hands and lay them on the hummus.  Top with the carrots and roll into a wrap.  Fast and easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment