01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cherry Almond Green Smoothie

When my parents were visiting a few months ago, I wanted to make something special.  I found this recipe for Cherry Almond Sour cream cake on Pinterest: 
http://lemon-sugar.com/2013/01/cherry-almond-sour-cream-cake.html/
My Mom loves almond flavoring, and my dad loves cherries-perfect!  It. was. delicious.  And even though the frosting contains 4(!) sticks of butter, and 2 cups of sugar, and the cake contains Maraschino cherries (made with red dye that I'm totally against), I made it anyway.  Everything in moderation I say!  It was worth it, even though I would only make it once a year.  Of course it inspired me to made a green smoothie with the wonderful flavor combination of almond and cherry.  This smoothie hides 3 leaves of kale, a carrot, and fruit, but it tastes like a creamy, decadent treat.  Perfect for those mid-afternoon sweet cravings. 



Ingredients~
1 cup cherries, pitted (use frozen if you can't find fresh)
2-3 leaves of kale (and stems)
1 apple
1 carrot
1 6oz. container vanilla flavored dairy-free Almond yogurt
1/2 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp almond extract
dash of cinnamon

*optional
1 Tbsp almond butter
handful of ice

**If the almond extract is too strong for you, decrease it to 1/4 tsp.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, I am not well for some time and doctor asked me to take something healthy. So I was wondering if I can take Green drink and supplements.

    ReplyDelete