01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Fling! (Favorite Looks for Spring)

It's a little strange that as I'm typing this, we're getting 4-6 inches of snow.  But it is April, so after today, this should be it!  As much as I love snow, today I'm unpacking all of the spring and summer clothes, along with the Easter decorations.  It's a welcome sight to see all of the fresh, pretty colors after months of darker colors. 

Fall fashion will always be my favorite, something about boots, cozy sweaters, and fall runway looks just excite me.  But it is nice to be able to wear lighter layers and actual clothes, before the heat of the summer sentences us to bikinis, tank tops, and shorts.  I put together some of my favorite looks on Polyvore for Spring 2014:

1.  Pop of Neon - I am still loving the neon trend leftover from last year.  It's the perfect way to transition winter tees into spring.  Of course there has to be a tiny bit of sparkle, too.  And yes, I wear white pants before Memorial Day!

2.  Lavender & Red - This look can be a little hard to pull off, but if you find the right pieces, I think it's stunning.  Be sure to tone it down with khaki, in this case the khaki leather toughens it up, too.  Although I wouldn't wear this all at once, it's nice to get ideas.  And don't you just love the ipad case?!

3.  It's a little ridiculous how excited I was when I learned that Pantone's color of 2014 was Radiant Orchid.  For years I've been trying to find this perfect shade of purple while clothes shopping, and "electric lavender" wasn't turning up any searches on Google.  This year, thanks to Pantone, there is an abundance of pretty purple blouses to choose from (along with everything else).  And I couldn't be happier. 

4.  Pale Blue, White, and Light Gold - I love this crisp color combo, it is so fresh looking to me.  The blue and the white are almost monochromatic, so the pop of elegant gold really brings the whole look together.  Bronzed legs are a requirement!

5.  Black & Petal Pink - Perfect for those still cool days, this looks works because of the crisp tailoring.  Cropped skinnies look great with pointed flats, and feel oh so ladylike after a winter of boots.  Pearls are the perfect accessory.  

6.  Last year's chevron craze has carried over into geometric prints of all kinds, and I'm looking for any patterned blouse like these that I can get my hands on. They look chic while still being fun, and bonus points for mixing different colors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment