01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Monday, April 28, 2014

Peaches 'N Greens (Green Smoothie)



I was excited to see fresh peaches back at the grocery store the other day.  It's a little early in the season for them, but they went in my cart anyway.  After tasting this smoothie, I'm glad.  This is another fantastic beginner recipe, or one that's perfect for the kids.  I don't usually add yogurt to my smoothies, I like to fill them with as much produce and keep it as pure as possible, but I couldn't get peaches 'n cream out of my head.  The result was a creamy, sweet treat, full of hidden greens! 


INGREDIENTS~
2 cups peaches (fresh or frozen)
1 small container of vanilla flavored Almond yogurt (or any non-dairy yogurt, such as coconut yogurt)
1 collard green leaf and stem
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup of water
dash of cinnamon

*Optional add-ins:
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 scoop wheat grass powder
  • banana, for extra sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment