01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Monday, March 17, 2014

Smoked Hummus


I like a good smoked anything.  Since I rarely eat meat though, most of my dishes don't have a smoky taste.  Which is why I decided to try a smoked hummus, since I eat hummus almost every day.  But I can't take the credit.  That goes to my baby, whose favorite activity is to stand at the fridge and pull out the condiments from the door.  So one day as I was starting to make yet another quick batch of ho-hum hummus and saw the bottle of liquid smoke on the floor, thanks to the baby, this happened.  And it was oh so delicious.  Of course it's good as a dip for chips or veggies, but I imagine it as the perfect complement slathered onto a gluten free wrap stuffed with grilled veggies.  Either way, it's a great change from plain old hummus. 

Ingredients:

-1 15oz. can of chickpeas
-1 clove garlic
-1/4 cup tahini
-juice of 1 lemon
-1 tsp bottled liquid smoke (start with 1/2 tsp and taste first, if you're unsure of the amount of smoke taste you like)
-2 Tbsp water
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp paprika

1.  Rinse and drain the chickpeas.  Add to a food processor.  Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment