01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Caramel-Vanilla Clean & Healthy Coffee Creamer


I loved the first coffee creamer recipe that I made so much that I decided it was time for another flavor.  I recently purchased some caramel extract from Amazon and tried it with a little vanilla and cinnamon.  I love the smooth, slightly sweet flavor, and it works well with the flavor of the vanilla almond milk.  The magnesium in almond milk is very calming to your body, and helps with stiff muscles.  The cinnamon is a wonderful way to start your day, as it stabilizes blood sugars.  Just like the first coffee creamer recipe http://www.sparklesweatandjuice.blogspot.com/2014/02/chocolate-coconut-clean-healthy-coffee.html, this is a cleaner way to enjoy some creamy sweetness in your coffee, as compared to store-bought coffee creamers that are made with  corn syrup, chemicals, and far too much sugar.  If you want to make this even lower in sugar, use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and substitute xylitol or stevia for some of the brown sugar. 

1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp caramel extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon

*If using unsweetened vanilla almond milk, add a packet of stevia

Blend all ingredients in a blender, and store in an airtight bottle in the fridge. 




2 comments:

  1. This coffee creamer looks so good! Having vanilla in the coffee is a perfect mix in my opinion. Never thought of making a caramel-vanilla mix though. Looks like I know what I'll be trying next!

    Will Jenkins | http://www.bestlifeint.com

    ReplyDelete