01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Monday, February 10, 2014

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie (with Cauliflower and Asparagus)


My favorite treat from the Schwan's truck when I was little were those orange creamsicle popsicles.  I made this smoothie to capture those flavors-fresh orange and creamy vanilla.  If you are not used to mixing a lot of veggies with your smoothies yet, reduce the amount of cauliflower and asparagus to 3/4 cup total.  Or you can substitute Napa cabbage for your veggie.  Also, if you like it sweeter, throw in a cup of vanilla yogurt (coconut, almond, or dairy yogurt).  It's a nice change of pace from my normal green smoothie with mixed berries that I have almost every morning. 


Ingredients~
  • 2 oranges, peeled (I used Cara Cara oranges)
  • 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
  • 1/2 lemon, peeled
  • 1/2 cup asparagus
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 3 Tbsp. vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups vanilla flavored coconut or almond milk
Place all ingredients in blender, starting with the oranges.  If using all fresh produce, throw in a handful of ice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment