01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Lemon Drop

 
I love lemons, especially with greens in my juice.  This smoothie is delicious and refreshing, with a burst of fresh lemon flavor.  Depending on how leafy the greens are on your bok choy, the color may turn green more than yellow.  I use a whole lemon, if you really like lemon you could even add another half. 



1 lemon (peeled and seeds removed, if using a blender)
1/2 large parsnip, peeled
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup pineapple or papaya (I use frozen)
1-2 stalks bok choy
3 sprigs parsley
1 banana
*optional-if you like sweeter juice, add 1 golden apple


 
*As with every recipe, if using a juicer, double the quantity and omit the banana.  Lemons can be dropped in the juicer whole and un-peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment