01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Monday, January 20, 2014

Tahini Miso Dressing

 
I. love. this. stuff.  I put it on everything.  It's my favorite salad dressing, but I also mix with quinoa, slather it on roasted veggies, stir it into lentil soup, and spread it on toasted nori wrappers that I fill with chopped veggies to make a wrap.  So delicious.  It takes 5 minutes to make and I keep a big batch of it in a jar in the fridge at all times.  It's made from tahini, which is simply ground sesame seeds.  Sesame seeds are a great source of calcium, and are good for your hair and skin.  The tahini is mixed with miso paste, which is fermented soybean paste.  Not only does it give food that great unami taste, it's full of good probiotics for you.  You can usually find miso paste in health food markets, in the refrigerated section by the tofu.  Tahini is often in the Asian aisle of the grocery stores, but I've seen it next to the peanut and nut butters too.  Or you can make your own!
 
Mix 1/4 cup tahini with 1 Tbsp miso paste.  Mix well by mashing it down with a spoon, adding water or lemon juice as you go.  If I'm making this for a salad dressing I thin it out with quite a bit of water (1/4 cup).  I've also used apple cider vinegar to thin it, as well as added crushed garlic for flavor.  But I prefer it just simply with just lemon juice.  And I usually double this recipe.  Ok, triple. 
 
 
 
 
(Nori seaweed salad wrap with greens and tahini miso dressing)


No comments:

Post a Comment