01 09 10

Featured Post

Chia Seed Ice-Cream (Sugar Free and Vegan)

My favorite commercial right now is the Geico one where ex-NFL player Ickey Woods is waiting in line to buy cold cuts, and gets ridiculou...

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Favorite Beauty Products

 
 
 

I decided to do a post on my favorite hair and make-up products, because with so much to choose from in stores, I find it helpful to read other people's opinions on things before trying them out.  I try out a lot of products so hopefully this is helpful!

 
1.  Favorite self tanners-
 
 I think I've tried almost every self tanner on the market.  With red hair and fair skin, I use it all year long!  My absolute favorite, hands down, is Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads.  They not only give me the darkest color, but also true to their name make my skin glow, have little to no odor, and the best part (in my opinion), they are individually wrapped in little foil packets.  That makes them perfect for travel.  No bulky bottle to take up space, and no shimmery bronze lotion spills at the bottom of my bag. 
 
 
I also love the St. Tropez line, which was my favorite before discovering Dr. Dennis Gross.  It too develops into a rich, dark tan.  I still like to keep a bottle of the foam self tanner at home, to use as more of a daily self tanner. 
 
2.  Mascara-
 
I just recently discovered "they're Real!" by Benefit and I looove it.  It does everything you want a mascara to do-lifts, curls, volumizes, and does not smudge.  Or flake.  Or smear.  I have gone to bed without removing it (shhh), and woke up the next morning looking like I just applied it.  Love. 
 
 
3.    Hair Volumizer-
 
This root-uplifting gel from kerastase is great for adding volume to your hair before you blow dry.  Because it's a gel it coats your roots better than spray, and the volume lasts until the next day.  It's a bit pricey and the bottle is small, so I save it for special days.  Like days that I actually have time to do my hair. 
 
 
4.  Hair texturizer-
 
I love beachy waves.  Most of the sea salt sprays that I've tried have left me with dull,  frizzy hair and very little wave.  Then I tried "it's a 10, miracle texture fiber."  My first thought was, oh no.  It's very sticky, and a little goes a long way.  I suggest a dime sized amount, rather than the amount I used.  But once I worked it though my hair and scrunched while I blew it dry, my strands were separated into perfect beachy waves.  It takes a little practice but if you have heavy, thick hair and want some texture,  this is for you. 

 
5.  Sunscreen-
 
 I try to avoid chemical ingredients like oxybenzone in my sunscreen at all costs.  That's why I love this physical blocker (Zinc-Oxide, non-nano) sunscreen.  It's "Burn Out KIDS,"  but I use it too.  No chemical sunscreen, petroleum and paraben free.  Plus it's non-greasy.  I mix a little bronzing gel (not self-tanner) into the palm of my hand and mix it with this product to take away any hint of white residue that physical sunscreens can have.  Although, I don't really notice white with this product, and I've found once they soak into your skin you can't see a trace anyway. 

 
6.  Foot Cream-
 
Rough Skin Eraser by Dr. Scholl's is perfect for keeping your soles silky between pedicures.  It contains a non-abrasive chemical exfoliant that dissolves dead skin while you rub it in.  I use it at night and put socks on afterwards (it becomes chalky, that's how you know the dead skin is dissolving).  Baby soft feet by morning!
  
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the St. Tropez self tanner. Just tried it the other night. I ordered it once I saw you posted about it on your blog. I was having a bit of spring fever and needed a little "tan" I REALLY LOVE IT! Easy to apply. Not smelly or orange! Thanks for positing doll :)

    ReplyDelete